Vehicle Loading Crane (VLC) Audit Campaign Updates:
- Inspection campaign extended to December 2020
- Roadside assessments will continue
- Construction sites and agricultural workplaces now included
2018/19 VLC Audit Statistics:
- Total 700 audits completed
- 250 enforcement actions have been taken
- 119 VLCs did not have a secondary lock
- Main safety issues identified:
- stabilisers not maintained
- damaged, faulty or insufficient locking devices
- unsecured stabilisers
- For further audit details please click here
Book Your Stabiliser Locking Device Inspection or Installation
Carey Pacific is an Approved Inspection Station.
If your VLC was manufactured in 2014 or earlier, Carey Pacific can retrofit a leg-locking safety kit (with an audible alarm in cab) to ensure that your stabiliser legs are securely stowed away.
To minimise your equipment down time, we can fit your leg-locking safety kit at the time of your truck and crane’s annual service.
For VLCs with pre-installed stabiliser locking devices, Carey Pacific can assess the systems state of effectiveness.
Call Carey Pacific on 07 3715 1300 to secure your equipment’s safety compliance.